We offer a variety of residential Shingle Roofing roof options in Champlin Minnesota
After making the decision to get a roof replacement, the next challenge that homeowners face is deciding what type of roofing material they want for their home. Modern technology has continuously evolved the roofing industry and led to the development of new materials to choose from. It can be overwhelming to decide what the best option for your home is, which is why Younger Exterior, Inc is here to help.
Shingle Roofing is the most common and popular type of roofing, but there are several different options even within this category. Asphalt (also known as composite), wood, and slate are the traditional materials in this category.
We provide high quality products that will give your home a beautiful and durable roof no matter what material you choose. Call us today or click below to learn more about these roofing materials and get a free estimate on roof replacement!
Shingle Roofing Benefits
Shingle Roofing are the most common and popular residential roofing material, as they offer excellent versatility, durability, and affordability. Modern asphalt shingles are a composite material that includes a fiberglass reinforcement to prevent tearing. Asphalt shingles are offered in three tab and architectural styles, each of which has some advantages:
Three tab shingles
• Consistent shingle size
• Less weight than architectural shingles
• Lower cost
• Various sizes and shapes create dimensional appearance
• Thicker shingles are more durable
• Generally, help improve property value
As an added benefit, roof repair (Shingle Roofing can be handled relatively easily with asphalt shingles. The roofing pros at Younger Exteriors, Inc depending on your needs and budget. Contact Us Today For A Free Estimate
Keep these disadvantages in mind when deciding on wood shingles and shakes:
- Non-treated materials have a Class C fire rating, but wood can cedar shingles and shakes are also available as a more-costly treated option
- Wood roofing is prohibited in some areas prone to wildfire, so be sure to check with your building department first
- Untreated wood shakes and shingles are high maintenance they need to be cleaned consistently to prevent the growth of algae or moss, and debris needs to be cleared to allow the wood to breathe
- While DIY installation is possible if you have good experience, faults in the installation can lead to quick deterioration of the roof which often includes serious leaks
- Staining of the shingles and shakes might occur as natural factors cause tannins to be released from the wood
While wood is quite durable, but repairs will be expensive if they are required
Get expert roofing services in Champlin, Minnesota
Choosing the right roofing material is essential if you are considering replacing your roof, and we can help you find the best option for your home. We provide high quality materials and expert installation, and you can count on receiving a beautiful, durable roof.
Thursday 05/24 50%
Chance of a Thunderstorm
Scattered thunderstorms. Lows overnight in the mid 60s.
Friday 05/25 20%
Considerable clouds early. Some decrease in clouds later in the day. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High near 90F. Winds SW at 10 to 20 mph.
Saturday 05/26 0%
Mostly sunny. High 94F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph.
Sunday 05/27 20%
Intervals of clouds and sunshine. Near record high temperatures. High 96F. Winds light and variable.
Monday 05/28 40%
Chance of a Thunderstorm
Partial cloudiness early, with scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 92F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.